Saturday, March 21, 2009

WHY CAN'T I GET A FULL TIME JOB?



I know our economy is bad and the price of living has gone up. But at the same time shouldn't employers give more of an incentive for those "RELIABLE" employees to stay at their jobs?

I have bills to pay just like every responsible Canadian, and I also have health issues that require me to be on medication. I have no insurance, nor do I have a job that offers such for part time employers.

I've been working in retail for the last 8 years and I have yet to see myself get full time status. Oh sure I have quit many jobs in search of better employment, but I always seem to get the ones that claim to offer a chance to move up. But when it comes to the moving up, it seems like I don't measure up to the "high standards" that this corporate world has.

Now i don't want to make it look like I'm complaining about my job. Believe me I have a wonderful job. I would really like to stay and grow with the industry of video games. This job gives me a chance to be the dork I am and lets me do exactly what I am great at. However I have made myself available on my days off and I have become the go to girl if you must have a day off.

I really don't have a life outside of work there for I will make sure that I work my ass off. I truly can't stand having so many days off. TV is boring, I've watched all my movies, and my videogames are almost all beat.

I'm not asking to be management, allthough it would be cool. I'm just in need of a full time possition so that i can finally get the benifits that I NEED so i don't have to spend so much out of my own pocket for my health.

I'm sure there are many people who read this that are going through the same thing. Why are there an abundance of people in theese managerial roles not paying attention to those of us who work our fingers to the bone.

We break our backs for minimum wage, we deal with grouchy customers, we do exactly what we are told and there is no thanks. No parties are thrown in our favor and heaven for bid the big wigs in their offices should allow us to have a vacation. OH NOOOOOOOO We're part time that stuff is for the full time emplyees.

Again this isn't me bitching about my job, it the retail industry in genral. I know what many of you are thinking. If I am unhapy with what i do then go somewhere else. The truth is if i go somewhere else the same crap is going to happen. I'll work my ass off for a year or two, but still be in the same boat.

All I want is a chance to finally get paid what i deserve. To get that perverbial pat on the back every now and then, and for someone to finally relaize that I care about my job so I should be rewarded fulltime with benifits.

No comments:

Post a Comment